*None of these have to be for those in romantic relationships. As you’ll see in the pictures, a lot of these were done with friends or in a group.
- Street Fairs: Summer is street fair season: Art festivals, food-truck parties, Fourth-of-July celebrations, you name it.
- Drive In Movies: There are still 338 drive-in theatres left in the US. Why stay indoors for a movie when you could be enjoying a beautiful summer evening at the same time?
- Amusement Parks: Roller coasters, cotton candy, Ferris wheel kisses…
- Kayaking or Tubing: If you’re up for an arm workout, go for kayaking, but if you prefer to relax and let the river carry you, try tubing.
- Ice Cream Date: A summer evening is the perfect time for a soft serve with sprinkles enjoyed while laughing with your s/o.
6. Sunrise Hike: Wake up as early as you’re willing, pack some sunscreen, snacks, and water, and enjoy the changing morning light as you hike.
7. Picnic: Pack your favorite picnic foods and a blanket and enjoy a meal together in the grass or sand. Midnight picnics with candles are also great.
8. Campfire: Make s’mores or even dinner over the fire and spend a quiet evening among the fireflies.
9. Art projects: It doesn’t have to be complicated. Summer is the perfect time for projects like tie-dyeing, canvas painting, and upcycling.
10. Stargazing: Some parks have organized and guided events, but you can also do some research on your own and have a private stargazing session.
11. One-day Roadtrips: Minivacations have so many possibilities. Check out the best things to do in your state or area. Think beach, adventure course, state park…
12. Berry picking & pie making: A quintessentially summer activity. Pick out some recipes and go to town.
If you try one of these ideas or any on the site, let me know by using #thetakeonadventure when you post your pictures.
Have an idea for my next adventure? Leave a comment!